article was written by Liam Cronin.
are thinking, feeling beings, and we shouldn't eat them. The following are 16
1. Because this calf lives in a dirty, fly-invested veal crate.
2. Because this goat is about to be slaughtered.
3. Because these ducks, rescued from the foie gras industry,
need their livers.
4. Because this rescued cow escaped from a
burning transport truck
bound for slaughter.
5. Because this cow isn't so lucky.
6. Because this rescued chicken had her beak burned off without any
7. Because this rescued rooster survived a factory farm that
collapsed during Hurricane Katrina.
8. Because this pig just arrived at the slaughterhouse.
9. Because the mother-calf bond is instantaneous.
10. Because these other mother cows look on. They've all
had their babies taken from them just hours after birth.
11. Because these cows don't want their baby taken away.
12. Because she was taken away anyway.
13. Because calves raised for veal spend their short lives
in a small pen and are then shipped to slaughter.
14. Because this calf can't even walk to her prison.
15. Because this is where she'll stay until she's either slaughtered for veal or used for her milk.
16. Because later that day, the fly-covered
calf we saw before is
support an industry that steals
life and living away from the most vulnerable. Order your free vegetarian/vegan starter kit now and start
living a cruelty-free lifestyle.
images from We Animals.
Five Things in Your Burger Just As Heartbreaking As HorsemeatCupid Says, 'Be a Bunny's Honey'Quiz: Are You Ready to Adopt?
Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights? Read more.